Why Teeth Whitening Is Essential for You
The teeth have to retain their natural structure, size, length, shape, and color to last long and perform their functions effectively. The teeth (temporary) at their first eruption above the gumline are very white because of the thin enamel. Later on, permanent teeth replace the milk teeth, and they possess a darker shade of white or pale yellow color because they have thicker enamel. Moreover, the teeth lose their natural color over time due to food, drinks, and drugs. However, you can reverse this process through a dental procedure known as teeth whitening in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
Teeth whitening is a method through which the existing color of the teeth is lightened or whitened with the aid of bleaching materials without removing any surface tooth material. The teeth have pores that absorb the color of the foods and drinks taken in the mouth. After an extended period, there is a buildup of these colors, leading to teeth discoloration. Discolored teeth do not only cause dental problems but also make your teeth lose their aesthetic value. Diseases that might arise from discolored teeth include tooth decay, gum disease, etc., hence the need for teeth whitening.
Types Of Teeth Whitening
There are various methods or ways to whiten teeth. While some of these methods are very effective and involve the services of a dental professional, others do not. The types of teeth whitening available include:
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes: A tooth whitening toothpaste contains special abrasives that gently polish the teeth and peroxide and other chemicals that help break down and dissolve stains. Whitening toothpaste only appears to whiten the teeth by removing the surface stains slightly; however, they cannot change the natural color of the teeth or lighten stains that go deeper than the tooth’s surface.
- Teeth Whitening Kits: Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits have a gel that contains peroxide that bleaches the teeth to reach deeper stains. This gel is placed into a highly customized tray that fits the mouth. There is a seal between the teeth and gums that helps prevent delicate parts of the mouth from the whitening gel.
- Natural Teeth Whitening Remedies: Whitening the teeth naturally involves a series of procedures ranging from the use of abrasives like baking soda, charcoal, the use of rinsing agents like coconut oil to avoiding teeth-staining foods or drinks.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening: This procedure, unlike the above listed, is performed in a dentist’s office near you. It involves the application of a whitening gel containing 25% of hydrogen peroxide on your teeth. A special lamp light known as the Zoom chair side lamp is activated while the gel remains on the teeth for fifteen minutes. The activity of this lamp causes a chemical reaction that lightens the color of your teeth.
- Laser Teeth Whitening: Laser teeth whitening involves the application of a peroxide-based whitening gel on the teeth’ surface. However, the heat from a laser (a narrow beam of light) will create a chemical reaction that breaks down stains and lightens teeth’ color.
- Boost Teeth Whitening: Boost teeth whitening procedure employs the use of a carbamide peroxide-based whitening gel. This gel is applied to the teeth and helps to remove the stain without any special light required.
For safety, efficiency, and reduction of risks to the barest minimum, you should only opt for professional teeth whitening, which is offered at Jordan and Pham Dentistry. Visit us today dentist 92688!
Benefits Of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is essential for you because of the following reasons:
- Whitened teeth boost your self-esteem and confidence: The teeth also add aesthetic value to the face aside from the functions they perform. Therefore, discolored teeth can make you feel self-conscious and embarrassed while smiling. However, teeth whitening boosts your confidence while restoring your dental aesthetics.
- Long-lasting results.
- Better oral health: Discolored teeth can lead to a variety of dental and even general health diseases. However, teeth whitening helps to prevent these diseases by restoring the natural color of the teeth.
- Speedy Procedure.
- Cost-effectiveness: Teeth whitening is an affordable cosmetic dentist near me procedure, and you do not need to break the bank to improve your smile.