Importance of Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Tooth removal is a dental procedure necessitate to improve the dental health of patients. Often patients that have their teeth removed have oral problems that expose their entire oral health at risk. Most patients have severe cases of dental decay that has to be stopped before it causes more damage. Even though dental experts try as much as possible to save natural teeth, it is not always possible. Therefore, when your dentist in Rancho Margarita, CA talks about removing your teeth, be open to accepting the fate of your dentition.
That said, a considerable number of dental extractions are performed on the wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth extractions in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA are nothing new for dental experts. If you are having problems with your wisdom teeth read on to learn how tooth extractions in Mission Viejo, CA are performed and the importance thereof.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
They are the last set of molars to grow on an adult mouth. These teeth grow at the far ends of the upper and lower jaw. They are a great addition to your chewing surface. Wisdom teeth are supposed to grow normally, as is the case with all the other teeth. However, sometimes these teeth grow unusually. This leads to impacted wisdom teeth. At Wisdom teeth Mission Viejo, CA, patients bring in different complains associated with impacted wisdom teeth, including the following:
- Swollen gum tissue – some wisdom teeth tend to hide underneath the gum tissue. This means that part of the tooth is above the gums, while the rest is underneath it. This leads to inflammation, as a response to the anomaly.
- Pain when eating – when the wisdom teeth are not sitting properly in your mouth, they make it difficult to chew.
- Cavities on wisdom teeth – this is especially because it is very difficult to clean the furthest teeth on your jaw, more so when they are impacted. It can get even harder to keep your wisdom teeth clean when your gums are swollen in that area.
- Orthodontic challenges – if you have a perfect dentition, the last thing you would want is for your wisdom to start pushing on adjacent teeth. If wisdom teeth grow in the wrong direction, they put pressure on the adjacent teeth and can pose several orthodontic challenges. Jordan and Pham dentistry offers diagnostic services on matter of teeth straightening. Be sure to visit us or a dentist near you to get the correct diagnosis.
- Risk of infection – this is for your dentist to determine. If your wisdom teeth are at risk of infection or pose the risk to the adjacent teeth, removing them is a wise decision.
- Jaw damage – sometimes cysts can develop in the jawbone around the wisdom teeth. without proper treatment, they can cause severe jaw damage, damaging the nerves in that part of your mouth.
Why Do You Need Your Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Wisdom teeth are much different from the rest of your teeth. Your mouth can perform optimally with or without them. This is why dental experts do not have a problem with pulling them out. Besides, if your wisdom teeth are problematic, there is no reason to compromise your entire dental health by keeping the wisdom teeth. some of the benefits of removing wisdom teeth include the following:
- Improved oral hygiene – you no longer have to worry about reaching to the far end of your jaws to clean the wisdom teeth once they are removed.
- Proper teeth alignment – the worry over a crowded mouth can go away when your wisdom teeth are removed. Besides, if the teeth are pushing the rest of your teeth, why would you risk the perfect alignment just to keep the wisdom teeth?
- Increased comfort levels – impacted teeth can make your life very uncomfortable, especially when it is time to eat. Chewing can especially be difficult because of the pain that results. Removing the impacted teeth will improve your comfort levels, and allow you an easier time when eating.
- Proper bite – these extra molar teeth tend to push other teeth. other than causing a crowded mouth and pain, it also leads to improper bites. Removing them will alleviate the pain, create more room, and correct your bite.