Everything You Should Know about One-Visit Crowns
Finding time to care for your health is paramount. However, when you have a busy work life, it can be hard to balance between your work life, home life, and find time for dental treatments. It explains why most people hold back on seeking treatments, especially those that detail long procedures.
Fortunately, you do not have to go through such an experience with one-visit dental crowns. They are the type of crowns that have given busy patients a different and convenient experience with their oral health.
What Are Same-Day Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are shell-like tooth-colored oral appliances used to cap damaged teeth for repair and strengthening. They are used in restorative dentistry to correct different oral problems and save teeth.
One-visit crowns in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, are typical dental crowns that are installed within one visit. Ideally, a traditional dental crown is installed in a two-part step that happens in different dental visits. With same-day or one-visit crowns, the installation happens in one dental siting.
The Process of Installing a Same-Day Dental Crown
- Sedation – Dr. Jordan and Dr. Pham state that this step is not mandatory. It can be skipped if your dentist determines that you may not need to be numbed for the procedure. Since the treatment is jot surgical or extremely invasive, sedation is not mandatory. However, it is employed if your tooth was significantly damaged and caused you pain. Besides, if you have dental anxiety, you need sedation and numbing to alleviate comfort and reduce anxiety.
- Preparation – your tooth has to be prepared to receive a dental crown. The preparation involves shaving off part of the enamel of your tooth. This step will help remove the damaged part of the tooth, along with some healthy part of that tooth. The step is important to help create room for the crown to be placed. This means that the amount of enamel trimmed is comparable to the size of the dental crown to be installed.
- Impressions – these are measurements taken to help create the perfectly fitting dental crown. For same-day in Jordan and Pham Dentistry in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, the impressions are taken with computer-aided technology that takes 3D molds that can be created into your dental crowns.
- Creation of the crowns – a dentist in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA will use the mold to carve out a crown from a block of ceramic. This is done in a couple of minutes, ensuring that your same-day dental crown in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, is ready for installation that same day.
- Installation – this step involves the use of special dental cement to attach the ceramic crown to your teeth permanently through a process called dental bonding.
Benefits of Same-day Dental Crowns
When you look at the procedure for getting these crowns, it may still not be enough to get you to consider them. However, the following benefits of same-day dental crowns have convinced many people to get their teeth treated:
- Convenience – one of the things you will love about this treatment is that it is convenient. With the quick fix, you do not experience any downtime. It means that you can resume your daily life activities the very day you get your tooth treated.
- Time-saving – the one-visit dental crowns allow you to use as little time as possible in the dental facility. A Rancho Santa Margarita dentist near you will get your treatment done quickly, without the need for another dental visit as is the case with traditional dental crowns.
- Effective – even though they are installed quickly, they are as effective as dental crowns can be. You do not need to worry about your dental crowns slipping off in between conversations or meals.
- They fit perfectly, thanks to the computer-aided technology.
Should You Try One-Visit Dental Crowns?
When you have a damaged tooth, you cannot wait to lose it permanently. Anything you can do to save it will go a long way. In that case, you may need to visit our dentists in Mission Viejo, Coto De Caza, Ladera Ranch, Las Flores, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, Dove Canyon, or Rancho Santa Margarita and the surrounding areas for same-day dental crowns. If you are still hesitant about whether these crowns are best for you, our dental experts will be happy to talk you through the options and more viable solutions.